Tuesday, February 27, 2018

2018 Scholarship Gala-The Great Gatsby

This past Saturday was our Scholarship Gala.  Our theme this year was The Great Gatsby and I had so much fun creating the centerpieces and other decor!  Here are links to past Galas so you can see the other centerpieces I have created:
I knew right away that I wanted to do something extra glamorous and these centerpieces were perfect.  We have a grocer who donates all the flowers.  I asked for white roses and hydrangeas and they were so beautiful and luscious. 
Our facilities department came to help put on chair covers and chair bands which was a huge help.  One of the grounds guys was my biggest helper putting the centerpieces together.  I showed him how to do it and he caught right on.   
We made a total of 49 centerpieces using the Eiffel tower vases, fairy lights, roses, hydrangeas, feathers and beads.  People couldn't believe that the flowers were real because they were so perfect. 
Our goal this year was $300,000 and somehow we raised over $350,000!  Every year we break our own records and every year the gala gets bigger and better. 
Since we had so much help with the setup, we were able to get our hair done which was amazing.  I have no talent went it comes to doing my hair so I actually looked decent for once! Here we are all dressed up and ready to party.  I love the headband that I ordered off of eBay, I didn't love wearing a dress though but I did it for the occasion!
(Kate, Deidre, Heidi, Me)

This is just another reason that I love my job!

Linking up with:

4 comments:

Miss Kitty said...

Great decorations! I love it when folks who say they will help with a decorating project actually show up AND can accomplish the task. Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

Tristan Robin said...

You did F.Scott proud! The room is really lovely - the centerpieces are marvelous and the art deco screen shots are perfect!
... and, you should wear a dress and that headband once a month from now on - you look as lovely as the centerpieces, and right at home!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Katie Mansfield said...

You look gorgeous and so do the decorations. Thanks for linking up to Keep In Touch. Great job on the funds raised.

The Charm of Home said...

How very beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!