Sunday, April 30, 2017

Spring Has Finally Sprung!

After the crazy winter we had this year, I didn't think Spring would ever get here!  It's definitely late in its arrival, but it's finally here!  We've been spending weekends cleaning up the yard.  We lost quite a few trees because of the snow so there has been a lot of chain saw action around here.  I have all of my hanging planters filled with new plants and am slowly adding more flowers wherever I can.  I also decorated the front porch to celebrate the season.
My mother-in-law made this wreath for me and it is perfect.  I love the colors and the flowers and it looks so perfect hanging on my front door. 
I already had my address buckets filled with my favorite color of hydrangeas so the wreath was the finishing touch that my front porch needed. 
We haven't had cows in the back pasture since November and I was surely missing having new little friends out there.  These new neighbor cows showed up a few weeks ago and they are the friendliest ones that have been out there so far.  They are the cutest twin brothers, properly named 56 and 56.2! 
Our Asian Pear tree is blooming beautifully and I caught this little bee buzzing around the blooms.  Unfortunately, our apricot tree didn't make it through the winter and it was one that we had to cut down.  I am lucky I got one harvest out of it last year. 
And my most favorite part of Spring, the lilacs are finally blooming and ready to be cut!  I went out this morning and cut a big, beautiful bouquet to bring inside and enjoy.  I wish you could smell these amazing lilacs, my house smells divine! 
I also decorated my vintage gate with my Spring Monogram Wreath and my framed nests.  The decorated gate goes perfectly with my Spring coffee table vignette that I put together on my made over tray.  Spring is finally here and I am so happy that it is!

Linking up with:

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Spring to you! Our lilacs are JUST starting to come out. I can't wait until I can cut some, too! It's my favorite part of spring!

NanaDiana said...

Happy Spring, Trisha. Everything looks just lovely and that is a cute wreath your mother-in-law made for you. I love lilacs!!! They are my favorite- xo Diana

Unknown said...

So pretty! I especially like the little birdhouse in the wreath. And, the hydrangea in the buckets make the perfect complement. Happy Spring!

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

I am so glad that I found your blog on Julie's party.

Love the wreath you mil made you - it looks so well on your door. Loved the post and I will be following you - love your ideas. I am a farm girl at heart.

Have a wonderful week.

Mary

The Stonybrook House said...

Love all the pretty spring decor! Thank you for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It!

handmade by amalia said...

I love your decorations. Such a pretty way to welcome a new month.
Amalia
xo

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I love the beautiful cows, pity their life does not have a happy ending. I am inspired to make my own wreath after seeing yours. I have a better idea of how to go about it now. Thanks for inspiring me
Janice

Creations By Cindy said...

Everything is so pretty. I found a wreath I had for years stashed away in my shed and put it on my front porch. I kept saying that I was going to make one this year but needless to say that hasn't happened. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Donna said...

Hi Trisha,
your framed nests are just adorable! I may have to copy your idea, I love it:)
And I can almost smell your lilacs! I picked some today, we have a small bush in our yard. Love your wreath, too! Happy spring!

Sarah said...

Happy Spring! We are enjoying a lovely spring here in TX. Looks like you are as well.

The Charm of Home said...

Love your wreath! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!