Sunday, July 17, 2016

Let's Go Camping Mantlescape

This is the first summer in a couple of years that we haven't been camping.  Like at all.  It's amazing how much I miss it!  We decided since we just bought a house and have a lot of work to do on it, we would not go camping this summer so that every weekend would be dedicated to our house.  
When I got this Scentsy Camper warmer, it made me wish we were up camping even more.  But it also inspired me to create this fun Camping Mantle.  It's not quite the same as being up in the mountains, but it definitely brings a smile to my face.   
This cute little directional chalkboard sign was perfect for this vignette.  This birch log with 3 spots for candles is a fun play on a "campfire" and a mason jar with colorful pinwheels adds to the whimsy. 
I found these super cute lanterns at a yard sale and even though they are actually hummingbird feeders, they work for my camping mantle.  There were 3 of them and I think I could use them for other fun things. 
I made a fun rag ball garland and put buttons between each ball.  It's colorful and a nice little touch. 
When I was out in the garage earlier, I spotted this old camper license plate and added it to my mantle.  I love the mountains on it! 
The middle book in my book stack has the word "Summer" in it so that was a happy coincidence! 
I am sure there are more fun things to put on my camping mantle and hopefully I find more stuff soon. 
I love how colorful this is.  Maybe next year we will get to go camping at least once! 
So we rescued this sweet yellow lab today.  She belonged to someone we know and she has been beaten down and unloved her whole life.  When we heard that she was living in a kennel, never getting out, hardly being fed among other things, we decided to rescue her and give her a better life.  We don't need or want another dog but we couldn't live with ourselves knowing that she was suffering,  So we will get her spayed and show her love.  If we find a loving home for her, we will let her go but if we don't, we will keep her as our own.  I just don't understand how anyone can get a dog and then treat it badly.  They are so full of love and personality and don't deserve to be treated poorly. Don't worry Ellie, you have a new home now and will be loved and taken care of!
     
Linking up with:

14 comments:

VintageBeckyM said...

Bless You for rescuing Ellie. Thank You so much for sharing your camping mantle. I Love it. I am always looking for new ideas. Fun Post. Best of Luck with Ellie. God Bless.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Poor pup! Thank you for rescuing her! She deserves a good loving home and it sounds like she may have found it with you. Your mantel is really cute and it's always nice to have something that reminds us of what we love in life; like camping! Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Martha's Favorites said...

Love your Summer Mantle! This is my first time here. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

The Stonybrook House said...

Hi Trisha! First, bless you for rescuing Ellie! And second, that mantle is precious! I'm so glad you shared this at DI & DI :) We love having you!

Home on the Corner said...

Thank you so much for rescuing Ellie! Labs are so faithful and loving. I'm sure once she learns to trust you, she will be a great dog. You are doing a wonderful thing for her! Your mantel is great too. Love the little trailer!

Unknown said...

This is SO cute!

I’d love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, and tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

GranthamLynn said...

Oh how fun. I love this. The lantern is so cute with this. I love how you used the stack of books. I have written a post for tomorrow about my beach theme vignettes. I hope you can come by.
I am so sorry you've been over to MyJourneyBack-thejourneyback and I haven't been able to tell. I just was able by accident to get into gmail which is where comments have been going! Crazy.
Anyway I am still posting at MyJourney but I started a new blog
http://mychristmasjourney.blogspot.com/

BTW love the dog at the end! I'm already following but I'll check for the other social stuff too!

Jacqueline said...

What a fun mantle! Almost as fun as camping. It does take so much energy to do a house, I totally understand the need to stay around and work on it. This great mantle with all its creative touches makes you almost there!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I love your cute mantle! I'm so happy that you rescued your dog! Yes people can be cruel and mean to defenseless creatures! We rescued Bosco and they turn out to be the best dogs!
Thanks for sharing at C&C w J&J!
Enjoy the week.
Julie

Christine @ Rustic-Refined said...

Great job on the mantle, it's adorable! And Thank you for rescuing Ellie! That sweet face deserves the best that us humans can offer.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Your camping mantle is so fun Trisha! So glad that there are wonderful people like you out there to rescue poor Ellie! Dogs are so loveable and it is hard to understand why someone would get one and then not show her love. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Laura said...

How fun to have a camping mantel!
Thank you for joining us at Thoughts of Home.
Hope to see you next week too.

Laura
White Spray Paint

The Charm of Home said...

How cute. Thanks for sharing this with Home Sweet Home.

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this information. It has helped me to know more about
oak flooring london