Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Vintage Meets Work & Save Family Photos

It is fantastic when your love of vintage can come into play with your job.  We are exactly one month away from our Scholarship Gala and my centerpieces are ready to be assembled and put on display for everyone to see.  I can't show you yet what they will look like, but here are a few of the things that will be used in them.

 Seam binding!  It was so exciting when I got the go-ahead to order and use seam binding in my centerpieces.  My manager had never heard of it and when I showed it to her she said "How have I never heard of this stuff before?"  It will really "tie" all of our centerpieces together, if you know what I mean!
Vintage paper medallions!  We needed a way to incorporate book pages into our centerpieces as well as something to make table numbers.  This medallion was the perfect solution.  After 3 different attempts, I finally made one that was the perfect size.  And now I have to make 50 more! 
And vintage books!  I love book bundles but that isn't what we will be doing with them.  There are many little libraries on campus and instead of going out and buying a bunch, we will just borrow what we need.  I think we will be using around 175 books total.  Sounds like a heavy job to me!  I can't wait to show you the venue after we get it all set up.  I am really excited for my first gala and hope that it is a big success! 
I have shared this picture before of my dad, my aunt and my grandparents and now I am sharing it again.  I wanted to tell you about Save Family Photos.  It is this amazing site on Instagram and Facebook that shares vintage photos for others to see.  Today, this photo was featured and it means so much to me.  If you don't already follow them on Instagram or Facebook, I suggest you do.  They post vintage photos daily and they are so much fun to look at and hear the story behind them.  Go give them a like right now!

3 comments:

Donna said...

I really love your medallions, Trisha! They will be perfect for your event. I know you will do an awesome job putting it all together, can't wait to see more! Wow, this is right up your alley, how fun!!

Libbie said...

Okay that Gala sounds like it will be a big success! Love the table number ...50 more is a lot!!!! But I know you will enjoy it :)

Lovely family photo! I can see why you treasure it!!!!!

June said...

I can't wait to see the venue all done Trisha. I already know it will be amazing because you are doing it! I hope those you work with know how lucky they are! :)))
save family photos sounds like a great site...I will go have a look!
much love from me...