Monday, December 29, 2014

Our Christmas

How was everyone's Christmas?  I didn't ever really get into the Christmas spirit this year for some reason.  But I still can't believe that it has come and gone already!  I have been off of work since the 19th and I am enjoying every last minute.  The Monday before Christmas I got to watch my handsome little nephew.  I love him soooooo much!
Here he is on Christmas day, posing in his new wagon.  When I watched him, we made ornaments for my brother and his wife as well as for my mom and dad.  Fischer wasn't too sure about having his hand pressed into the salt dough, but we got two good ornaments!  They all loved this special gift from this adorable little man. 
Speaking of ornaments, my mom made us all these tie angels.  My grandpa was a produce man and wore ties to work everyday.  My grandma gave all the ties to my dad but since my dad doesn't wear ties they didn't know what to do with them.  My mom wanted to find a way to use them and found this idea to make angel ornaments out of them.  She had enough ties to make one for grandpa's 3 kids, 8 grandchildren, 13 great grandchildren and 1 great great grandchild.  Now we can all have a piece of our grandpa on our Christmas trees every year! 
I was also commissioned to alter some playing cards for a Premier Design Jewelry consultant.  She had custom made cards that she wanted blinged up.  I did my best with the small budget I had and came up with these.  Hopefully all the consultants liked them! 
Cody and I decided to spend Christmas Eve by ourselves this year.  We made a delicious homemade Chinese food dinner, watched Christmas Vacation and opened presents.  I will be sharing the recipes for this amazing meal on my next post.
Cody got me a Kitchen Aid Mixer because he knows how much I have wanted one and that I would use it all the time!  The next day we went to my parent's house for Christmas and what do you think my parent's got me?  A Kitchen Aid mixer!  I go from not having one to having 2.  The one Cody got me is brand new.  The one my mom got me is used-she found it at an estate sale this summer for $10 and just had to buy the bowl and attachments.  I obviously can't return the one she got me but returning the one Cody got me means we will have all that money back.  I can't decide what I am going to do...maybe I will just have 2 now?!  



1 comment:

White Lace and Promises said...

What a darling little package in that wagon. That would be Christmas enough for me. Mine will be here this week. Yippee!