Sunday, December 8, 2013

Tiny Christmas Scenes


 Just when I think I am all done with my Christmas decorating, I think of something else I want to do.  My latest fun decorations are these little Christmas scenes in glass. 
 This old gumball machine is just perfect for Christmas with its pretty red color.  I used Epsom salt for the snow and put a vintage Santa, bottle brush tree and tiny little wrapped presents.  It's just too cute!
 I found this sweet little cupcake dome at Ross and have put it on my stove.  I had a Santa toothpick holder in it but it needed something more.  This was the first little Christmas scene I created.  I borrowed the lamp post from Cody's Christmas village.
 This little apothecary jar holds a tiny Santa and bleached bottle brush trees.  Anything like this can be turned into a perfect little Christmas scene!
 We got our first snow storm of the year on Friday.  It dumped about 9 inches over night.  Cody and I went to a Christmas party at his sister's house Friday night and left about 11.  There wasn't much snow on the freeway but I went very slow anyway.  We saw about 4 wrecks in the 30 mile drive.  About 10 miles from home, I suddenly lost traction and started to spin.  Everything went into slow motion as the truck swerved all over the freeway.  We finally ended up in the median turned the other way.  How we didn't roll, I have no idea!  I burst into tears and Cody drove the rest of the way home.  The next morning when he went to shovel snow, he saw this huge dent that I put in the bed of the truck.  We guess that I must have hit a mile marker.  I feel awful for doing damage to his truck that we just paid off, but I am so thankful this is all that happened.  Good thing Cody works at a collision repair shop and can easily and cheaply fix this.  Someone was looking out for us that night!  It was one of the scariest things I have ever experienced.  Please be safe out there!
Linking up with: 

8 comments:

Donna said...

I'm so glad that neither of you were hurt the other night, Trisha! How scary! And yes, I think you sure were being looked out for:) Your vignettes are so sweet. I love what you did to your gumball machine!

Unknown said...

Hi! I LOVE your project, thank you for sharing. :-) I'm a new follower stopping by from the DIYers Link party.

http://christyscraftycorner.blogspot.com/2013/12/scrap-smashing-monday.html

Ann said...

Your tiny holiday scenes are adorable. I love that you use unique containers that way. Simply wonderful!

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Great ideas! I've got one of those bubble gum machines....gotta try it!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Your winter Christmas scenes are so sweet.

I'm glad to hear you’re alright. It must have been very scary for the two of you.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What fun and creative idea. Love it. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Laurel Stephens said...

Holy smokes, Trisha! I'm so glad you weren't injured when you spun out in the snow. That was close!! Your Christmas scenes are so darn cute! Now I want a gumball machine, too!

Laura Turner said...

I love your last-minute decorations! Now I want a gumball machine! So sorry about the truck, but I'm glad you are both okay. I slipped on black ice one morning in
Tennessee, flipped the car and totaled it. I was afraid to drive even on wet pavement for years. In So Cal, we don't have snow, but that experience has kept me away from the mountains here.