Sunday, February 17, 2013

Vintage Liquor Cabinet Refinished

 Clear back in June, I purchased this vintage liquor cabinet.  I had every intention of refinishing it right away, but for some reason it just never happened...until this weekend.  The last 2 days have been in the high 40's/low 50's so we took advantage of it.  Cody did all the work since I wasn't feeling so great and as usual, he did a great job!
{After}
 Here is what it looked like before.  It definitely needed some TLC, but it is very sturdy and in great shape.  I think I paid $40 for it and after doing a little research, I know I got a great deal!  This particular piece was manufactured by Continental Cabinet Company.  They were started in the 60's and are still around today.  There is a sticker on the back that I didn't get a picture of. 




{Before}
 I didn't find this exact cabinet in my research, but the cheapest most similar one I found was selling for $265 all the way up to $1500.  Here is the inside.  There is a lot of room for storage and I need more storage so it is perfect in my dining room.

 Cody always impresses me with his painting skills...but part of his job is painting cars, so he better be good!  I love all the details on this cabinet.  Sure wish I had the key to it...not that I need to lock up all my liquor, it would just be great to have!
 The wear and tear on this piece was enhanced by the painting and distressing.  I think it adds so much character and it is exactly the way I like it!
 I am so glad that we finally got around to finishing this piece.  It looks so much better and fits in with the rest of my white, distressed, vintage furniture in my dining room. 
Thanks to my amazing husband for always doing this stuff for me...I sure don't know what I would do without him!

12 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Trisha- That is SOOOO cute! I love it and you did a wonderful job with it. It looks old and well-loved! xo Diana

Unknown said...

What a beautiful transformation!
French Farm gorgeous!
Hugs,

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Outstanding DIY makeover you have here...thanks for sharing it.

Blessings,
Linda

Connie said...

Hi Trisha,
My, my, my what a lovely transformation.
Thank you for entering my give-away . . . and good luck.
Connie :)

Sumaya at Evocative Vintage said...

I spotted this cabinet over at Knick of Time. A beauty! I am buy revamping a drinks cabinet too and I hope it turns out half as good as yours. I am a new followe. Would love for you to follow me back!

Blessings
Sumaya

Jenny's Heart said...

Cody did a great job as always :)
I see we are both participating in the Easter Swap at 521 Lake Street!
I can't wait to see your spoolie.
X's & O's

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This really turned out great, Trisha...the paint transformed it!

Jamie-So Much Better With Age said...

Love this cabinet! You did a great job ;)
Jamie ~ Better With Age

Ivy and Elephants said...

Oh, what a find! I love the idea of a drinks cabinet, so elegant and chic!
You've done an amazing job. Thanks so much for sharing.
Hugs,
Patti

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Trisha what a great find of a unique piece. Hubby did do a great job. Love how it looks in your home. Yup, he's a keeper! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Unknown said...

I have the same cabinet,bought at a auction for $3.00. Never dreamed it could look like that. Nice job.

Unknown said...

SCORE!! Finally re-found this posting from 2013!! Anyway, I own an exact identical liquor cabinet.. It was my grandfathers, early 1960s, Wilmington, DE.. Years researching and this cabinet is the 1 and only ever crossed paths with.. Please think back and share any and/or all
you may have in your files about this 1960s Liquor Cabinet..
Thanks, Kim

PS ~ I HAVE THE KEY!!!!!