Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sheet Music Christmas Decor

 A big thank you to all of you sweet friends that left me such loving, caring, encouraging comments.  You sure know how to make a girl feel loved!  

My Christmas tree is up and really making our house feel festive!  I just can't seem to put an ornament on my tree if it isn't white, silver or blue!  I used a cream colored lace as garland around the tree this year and I am so glad that I did.  It gives it a romantic touch!  I used a lot of sheet music in my decorating this time around and I would love to show you all the ornaments I created!
I am still loving my ruffled tree skirt that I made last year.  I have every intention of making more to sell or giveaway, I just haven't done it yet!

When I saw the Frosted and Glittered Wreath that Donna at My Shabby Chateau made, I instantly fell in love and wanted one of my own!  I just took the decorations off of the wreath I was using, had my husband lightly spray it with white spray paint and got to creating it.  Thank you Donna for the inspiration-I love my new wreath!
 You might remember some of these Eiffel Tower ornaments from last year.  I loved creating them and wanted to make more for this year.  It is really fun to come up with new ways to make ornaments using these Eiffel Tower playing cards from JoAnn's!
 In total, I have made 5 different ornaments using these cards.  I am always thinking of new ones to create!
 I love to use sheet music in different ways.  I made medallions and 2 types of rosettes.  Creating with sheet music is so much fun!
 My Christmas tree is sort of French and Vintage inspired.  Eiffel Towers are all over it as well as lots of vintage sheet music!
 Even just changing up an element or two transforms them into a completely different ornament!
 I also created some without the playing cards that I love so much!  These angel wings have glitter, pearls, buttons and a crystal hanging off of them.  The other side has a white rose on it.  I made some similar to these last year.  Someone pinned them on Pinterest and said they were going to create some using copies of love letters that her grandfather wrote to her grandmother during World War II.  What a great idea!
This sheet music medallion has a glittery snowflake glued to the middle of it.  There is a pretty blue gem in the middle of the snowflake.  Simple but cute!
 This sweet little Christmas tree ornament has silver glitter, pearls, a rose and satin ribbon.  Again, super simple but very pretty!
 I just love creating ornaments and decorations with sheet music.  There are endless possibilities!  I am still thinking about making a sheet music chain to go around my tree too...but that would take a lot of work and a lot of my vintage sheet music collection.  Maybe I will just make a small one and hang it somewhere else!  

Hope everyone is having a wonderful December.  Christmas will be here before we know it!

Linking up with:
Le Chateau de Fleurs: French Party on Monday
The Dedicated House: Make it Pretty Monday
Cozy Little House: Tweak it Tuesday
Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Knick of Time: Knick of Time Tuesday
Vintage on a Dime: Welcome Home Wednesday
Ivy & Elephants: What's it Wednesday
Timewashed: Blissful Whites Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style: Wow Us Wednesday
Faith, Grace & Crafts: Pearls & Lace Thursday
{Primp}: Primp your Stuff
The Vintage Farmhouse: Creative Things Thursday
Common Ground: Vintage Inspiration
The Charm of Home: Home Sweet Home
Shabby Art Boutique: Shabbilicious Friday
French Country Cottage: Feathered Nest Friday
 Homespun Happenings: Rustic Restorations Weekend
Petites Passions: Passion Parade

19 comments:

Julie Marie said...

Hi Trisha... oh my goodness your tree is just stunning!... and I love your ruffly tree skirt you made!... all of your ornaments are so pretty... the Eiffel Tower ones really touch my French heart!... and what a wonderful idea about using the old love letters... I have my mama's and daddy's love letters to each other when he was serving overseas during WWII as well... I am going to copy some and use those to try those ornaments... a special touch for my mama and daddy who are gone now... thanks for sharing, xoxo Julie Marie

NanaDiana said...

Trisha- It all looks so pretty! You did a wonderful job on that skirt and the decorations for your wreath. I just adore Donna- she is one of my best blog buddies! xo Diana

Donna said...

Your tree is just gorgeous, Trisha! And so is your wreath! Thanks so much for giving me a nod, I am thrilled to think that I was an inspiration:) I didn't know that JoAnn's sold Eiffel Tower playing cards! What a great idea to create with them! Guess we are on the same vintage sheet music wave length, as I was making some ornaments for our tree yesterday with it!! Oh, and I adore your tree skirt!

Tara said...

It looks beautiful.Loving your tree skirt..
Vintage sheet music is so gorgeous.Once again showing us you're fab talents..
I'm jealous!..xx

craftyles said...

I love anything out of sheet music-your ornies are so pretty. Love the tree skirt you made too.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

You've created some really beautiful ornaments. Very inspirational!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Trisha, such lovely things I don't know where to begin. First , get cracking on those tree ruffles, they are gorgeous! I'd love to get one. I have to try to find some of those French playing card, the embellishments you did are amazing!
Christmas at your home is truly in full swing. Beautiful!
Hugs,
Patti

Unknown said...

Wow!! Beautiful work! Thanks so much for linking!

Jenny's Heart said...

Trisha!
You always amaze me with your creativity! I LOVE every bit.

Doni said...

Hello Trisha!
Lovely Home!! I especially love that skirt under the tree...it's so soft and pretty!
I'm delighted that you joined me this week for Pearls and Lace Thursday! Thank you so much for your sweet comment...
blessings,
Doni

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Trisha, Oh I just love your tree and the vintage look with french details. So chic!!! Love that wreath too that Donna inspired. She is so talented and you created a gorgeous wreath too. I would also love to make one, maybe next year. Time is getting away from me here. LOL

Looks like you have created a gorgeous home for the holidays. I have so enjoyed my visit to both your lovely blogs and leave inpsired.
See you again soon. Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Ann said...

Love what you've done with those playing cards. They look so wonderful all glittered up and paired with the pretty crochet and lace. Just marvelous.

Jacqueline said...

I just love your Eiffel towers and your roses. I would love a whole collection and would have to do a whole tree in them!

I happened to look down and saw your post on rude comments! I so agree. Obviously that mother never taught them anything, or she did and the person just does what they want anyhow. A definition of vintage is anything that is over 25 years and antique is anything over 50 years, so that keeps changing with every year. They are definitely vintage, actually antique now as they are over 50 years old. Yes, cheap things will become vintage and even antique if they are kept and they will become collectible if anyone decides to make them collectible. Depression glassware was the cheap glassware of the time and it is very collectible and very expensive. I am glad you ranted a little! You go girl!!!

Fortunately, most of my snotty comments come after 2 weeks so they never appear. I had someone once attack me for stealing someone else's recipe for Raspberry Bread Pudding. I gave credit for the cookbook I got it out of. The person they were ranting for, didn't even give anyone credit and the recipe was identical - given to the cookbook by the restaurant. Oh well! Glad she had so much time on her hands.

Donna Heber said...

Hi Trisha,

You have such a beautiful blog and I'm your newest follower. Your sheet music Christmas decor is stunning! So romantic with a vintage flair. Lots of eye candy!

BECKY said...

Hi Trisha! That ruffled tree skirt is amazing!! And just love all of your sweet sheet music goodies!! Just lovely! Thanks so much for linking up to Blissful Whites Wednesday!!

Have a great day and weekend!!!
Hugs,
Becky

Susan said...

I just found your blog and fell in love with it! I am now your newest follower. Your ornaments are beautiful. I love the sheet music. It amazes me how creative people are in blogland!!

Connie said...

I love your Christmas decorations. They are simply beautiful, great job!
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Tammy said...

So lovely! Thank you for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend!

The Charm of Home said...

Beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home! Have a very Merry Christmas!
Sherry