Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Eclair Cake for Thanksgiving

Surely you have heard of Eclair Cake, haven't you? I am surprised when I meet someone who has never indulged in this yummy no-bake cake! It is one of the staples at any of my family gatherings and I promise you will love it!
There are only a few ingredients needed:
*1 box of honey graham crackers
*2-4 serving boxes of Jello Instant French Vanilla pudding
*3 cups milk
*1-12 ounce container of whipped topping
*1-2 cup bag of milk chocolate chips or 1 can chocolate frosting
Lay down one layer of graham crackers in a 9x13 pan. However you lay them out is fine. You will use about 1 sleeve of crackers per layer and there are 3 graham cracker layers altogether.
Mix 3 cups of milk with 2 packages of pudding. Once it has started to thicken, fold in the entire container of whipped topping. Then take half of that mixture and spread it on the bottom layer of graham crackers.
Add your 2nd layer of graham crackers on top of the pudding mixture.
Then put one more layer of graham crackers on the pudding. At this point, you can use a can of chocolate frosting for the top, or melt a bag of chocolate chips and spread on top. Let the chocolate set before you cover it. This cake is best when you have let it set overnight, the graham crackers soften and the pudding sets...it is soft and delicious and has so many layers of flavor! Give it a try-I know you will love it and make it all the time!
I recently won a giveaway from the sweet Jenny at Jenny's Heart. She put together a fun package of pampering goodies! Lotion, polish, chocolates, a candle, a pumice stone and some super cute aloe infused socks! I shared the chocolates with my husband, but the rest of it is all mine! Thank you Jenny for your generosity and friendship!
I am wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! If you are traveling, be safe! I hope you enjoy being with your family and friends, and if you are going shopping on Black Friday-good luck!

5 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Looks oh-so-good! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Looks YUMMY! Thanks for sharing!
Hope your Thanksgiving was very Happy!
Blessings,
Cindy

NanaDiana said...

Oh- somehow I missed this post. I am copying this down right now so I don't forget it! It sounds wonderful...AND I read the above post, too. I really like those playing cards. I don't know if I will have time to get there before they are all gone though.xo Diana

Jenny's Heart said...

I adore Eclair cake, it has been too long since I had some.
I am glad you can enjoy your little gifts.

Libbie said...

You shared the chocolates?! I would have shared the the lotion & kept the sweets hidden :)

That cake looks soooo yummy! If it weren't so cold I'd go to the store now :) Man am I hungry!