Monday, August 16, 2010

Vacations go by way too fast

Our vacation is over-way too quickly as usual. The Oregon Coast was beautiful. I have to say that I was most impressed by the hydrangeas that were growing there. They were HUGE! I can't tell you how many times I have tried to grow one myself. They never live, probably because this Idaho desert heat is just too much for them. Apparently they love the moist, mild coast. They grew everywhere, even along the highway-I guess if you live there, anyone can grow them. I am jealous! My husband grew up in Newport, Oregon. He hadn't been back in about 10 years, so this was a fun trip for him too, to see all that has changed. The biggest change he noticed was all the people. There were tons of people everywhere. We couldn't find anywhere to park on the Bay Front. So we found our own places to explore.

It was foggy there the whole time. So I didn't get to see any beautiful sunsets. On Saturday I left my camera in the hotel, but luckily I had my phone with me. Phones don't take very good pictures, but it's better than nothing!
Here is a picture of Cody and Grady on the beach in Newport. Grady wasn't too sure about the big ocean. Usually you can't keep him out of the water, but I think this body of water was more than he could handle. We walked miles and miles on the beach and we were all very sore but it was so worth it to see such beauty!
This is the Yaquina Bay Lighthouse. We didn't go in this one because there was a huge line to get in. Behind it was a huge rock with thousands of birds making lot's of noise and lot's of messes!

This is a jelly fish thing. I am not sure what it is, my husband said it is something that the jelly fish leave on shore. It is pretty cool looking I think!

Of course I had to write in the sand on the beach! We didn't get any pictures of Cody and I together which makes me very sad. But he told me we could go again and get all sorts of pictures!
My husband was able to reunite with a friend of his from childhood that he hadn't seen in 10 years. It was so wonderful for them to get together and remember old times. Hopefully they can come visit us soon!
On our way home, we stopped at Multnomah Falls in Oregon. It is very beautiful but very crowded with people. We didn't hike to the top, not this time, but we will next time!
All in all, it was a wonderful vacation. I loved that my husband was able to show me the house where he grew up, the hills he used to skateboard down, where he went to school, where his friends lived, etc. I definitely wish we were still there, but it is also nice to come home!

2 comments:

Holly Diane said...

Beautiful pictures! We have several friends that live in Oregon..looks like a place I need to go visit!

Marty said...

Wow, was it cold there? Looks like it by the sweatshirts!