Monday, June 14, 2010

We have green thumbs!

My husband & I have been planting flowers and the like since we moved into our house 2 1/2 years ago. Nothing really seems to ever grow until this year. Suddenly everything is in bloom and it is beautiful! With all the rain we have been getting lately, things get bigger and bigger every day! I don't know what half of this stuff is called, but look how pretty!
This lily is the prettiest bright orange. I have a red one too, but it bloomed awhile ago. I think these are called clematis. We have some growing up the fence and another growing through the spokes of an old bicycle. I love the purple colors!














This one is my favorite. I have always loved peonies, they remind me of when I was little and my mom had them all over in our yard. The pink color is so pretty too!
And here is some actual green stuff.


There are so many more wonderful things growing in my yard. I can't wait to see how big they get as summer has only just begun!

2 comments:

Marie said...

Your garden is looking really pretty. I bet you can't wait till everything is fully bloomed!

Saying "hello" from another Cottage Flora participant.
-marie

Fishtail Cottage said...

i think the saying goes..."first year they sleep, second year they creep, third year they leap"...so you should have quite the show this year? thanks so much for linking up to Cottage Flora Thursday's! I really hope to see you again and again - especially knowing you'll have so much to share as the garden grows! xoxo
~tracie